Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday launched a blistering attack on the Congress party in Parliament, accusing it of serving the interest of just one family and yearning for an “old India” — an era marked by “a series of scams”.
In a speech that was made amidst continuous slogan shouting by Congress members in the Lok Sabha and later a largely uninterrupted Rajya Sabha, Modi took on the Congress for its various omissions and commissions in its more than five decades of rule and taunted the party over its demand for a “Gandhian India”.
buy Seroquel without a rx LokMarg picks out ten major accusations made against the Congress in the twin speeches:
neurontin 400 mg 1. The Congress has a “small mind” and is fostering one family’s legacy at the country’s cost.
go to site 2. The Congress-led UPA regime was fully responsible for the NPA (non-performing assets) of banks and the country will never forgive the party for its “sin”.
3. The claims made by Congress leaders about the development during their party’s rule were misleading as several countries, which had gained independence around the time when India attained it, had surged far ahead in development.
4. Charging the Congress with initiating divisive policy, the Prime Minister said: “This is your character. You divided India. Even after 70 years of Independence, 125 crore people of India continue to suffer because of the poison you sowed. Not a single day passes when people of India are not punished for your sins.”
5. The Congress was undemocratic in its structure and, thus, has no right to give lessons on democracy particularly after its dark act of imposing Emergency and jailing opposition leaders.
6. The opposition leaders have been misleading the country on the issue of employment generation.
7. The chargesheet against Congress-led regimes included Army jeep scam, Navy submarine scam, Bofors gun kickbacks and Agusta helicopter irregualrities.
8. The Congress had provided the culprit of thousands of deaths (in Bhopal gas tragedy) an airplane to fly out of the country.
9. Taking advantage of nominal opposition during the first few decades after, the Congress rulers had decided top judicial appointments.
10. Its leaders use all their time and enerty in singing paens in praise of one family, which could have been utilised in taking the country to new heights.